Aller au contenu
Invision Board France

Team Talk: What do you want for Christmas?

RSS Bot

Messages recommandés

gifts-3835455_1920.jpg.48a4853f11423fd65df219c7cc1ff2c5.jpg

Famously, all Maria Carey wants for Christmas, is you. This is great news if you're a Maria Carey fan.

As the holiday season draws closer and our staff chat channel turns to egg nog, twinkly lights and why is wrapping so hard, we asked the question:

What would you like for Christmas?

Brandon
With so many children, Christmas is more focused on them and the family than myself. My eldest son who started college this year just returned home for the holiday season yesterday which has been awesome. You don't realize how it's like a piece of you is missing until they're back. I guess you could call that a Christmas present for me. Also, my wife and I took a quick 2 day cruise to the Bahamas as a gift to ourselves. My children have not requested very much for Christmas this year either, so my wife and I have decided we're going to plan a trip to Disney/Orlando for some time later in 2019 as a family gift instead of focusing on a bunch of little toys the kids will quickly get bored with. The family time together is the best Christmas gift to me.

giphy.gif

Awww

Mark H
In truth, what I’d like for Christmas isn’t something Sanata could provide. At my age I already have most of the “things” I simply want, and the things I really *need* I already have; family and friends. But… I wouldn’t object to Santa dropping off a new gaming computer with a motherboard for an Intel core i9, an RTX 2080 Ti video card, 16 GB of RAM, and one or two NVME SSD’s.

giphy.gif

Me too

Andy
I’ve been trying to de-clutter my life for most of the year so hopefully I won’t get much in the way of stocking fillers and things that are fun for a few days and then pushed in a drawer. I’m not a total Scrooge though, honest. I’m really looking forward to spending time with family and friends, Christmas Day walks in the snow and coming home to a toasty warm fire and a few beers… just the simple things really.

Marc S
I think you get to the point with Christmas where presents become largely unimportant, and its more a time for family to get together and have fun etc. But I guess if I'm going to choose anything particular that I know I would use, I would probably go for a new iMac pro with all the extras. LOL. Seriously though, I'm happy with the break, a few drinks and games. This is what Christmas is all about. Lost a couple of family members over the past 12 month, and unfortunately none of us live forever. Brings home the realisation that there is more to life than material items, as much as we all enjoy them.

giphy.gif

Where's My Computer?

Jennifer
I don't really celebrate Christmas traditionally in my house. Like almost everyone in my house has already gotten all of their Christmas gifts. I would probably want just a quiet night with a long hot bath, my favorite bath bomb and a glass of wine.

giphy.gif

She really does

How I became a cliche mom that wants bath stuff for presents. I have no idea.

I'd likely love to get Metro Exodus pre-order. I know my BF doesn't pre-order games anymore because of some of the new pre-order issues with games with un-dedicated developers but it's a game I am excited for and hope to have come February when it comes out.

Rhett
A week in Hawaii, no phone, no computer, feet in the sand and a beer in my hand!  Is that too much to ask for Santa?  I've been good.

Jim
I'd say world peace but I think a 2019 Chevy Corvette ZR1 would be easier!

Mark Wade
A couple good bottles of wine, or I'd also quite like a new iPad Pro.

giphy.gif

Not relevant but made me laugh

Matt
Like others here at Invision Community, I've reached the grand old age where material possessions aren't what I long for. I'm happy watching my two children open their gifts on Christmas morning and then share a meal with family.

Or maybe a new iPad Pro because if Mark is getting one, I want one too.

Yet again Charles and Lindy declined to comment, so in the spirit of Christmas generosity, I've written their answers for them.

Charles
I would like a butler because it is what I deserve.

Lindy
I would like a panic room like in that Jodie Foster movie. I don't think for a second I'm going to be attacked in my own home. I just need a place to hide from the kids now and again. I'll kit it out with fresh kombucha, artisanal popcorn and poetry books. I'll be happy for hours.

So, that is what we want for Christmas. What about you? Have you been naughty or nice?

Lire l’article complet