Aller au contenu
Invision Board France

Team Talk: Show us your workstation

RSS Bot

Messages recommandés

marks.jpg.e6732fdb11189e4815cee39268b3321f.jpg

You have probably spoken to us in support tickets and on our community forums, and you've likely seen our photos.

But what about our workstations? What do they reveal about our personalities? Do none of our team have lights in their office?

Mark H
This is an old picture [Not as old as your Facebook photo -Ed], I now have a 4K monitor in the center, attached via Thunderbolt to my MBP. But that image was taken when I used my PC, a now-old EVGA x79 Dark mobo, i7 3930k, twin GTX 580's, and all watercooled.
When I game, I swap out the leads so the PC can use all 3.
At the moment I'm revisiting an old, but still apparently very popular game. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

phil.thumb.jpg.c6fa8ab672b9ddc6bd9e21493515110c.jpg

Where's the light switch?

Marc S
For my main machine I have a late 2014 iMac with 2 x iiyama external monitor, which I spend most of my day on.

When out of the house or just generally wanting a break from the office, I have a MacBook pro. Great for what it is, but I hate sitting on a laptop [You're supposed to sit in front of it -Ed], so I'm generally found hiding away in my office.

When I'm not responding to tickets from you lovely lot, I'm generally doing some of my own development. As a Windows developer primarily [That explains a lot -Ed], I have parallels desktop set up so I can work with visual studio and sql server as if they were native mac applications. I also spend a fair amount of time with Ableton live and Logic, where I play about with trance production, as its something nice to immerse yourself in during spare time.

20180522_161318.thumb.jpg.67724c44ca8107e2f7157aa4da6a13f1.jpg

Who let the dogs out?

Jim M
The few, the proud, the Windows users of IPS [We only keep them so we can assign all IE bugs to them -Ed]. Love my two 27" Dell monitors. Plan to add a third eventually. I may also be a big Tom Petty fan.

jim.thumb.jpg.8e2a88a120bcd6d5e5345a8ef65f31a9.jpg

Our Tom Petty fan

Matt M
I switched from a desktop only set up to the new retina MacBook Pro last year. It's nice to work in the office with the LG monitors but have the flexibility of unplugging and taking the MacBook with me to work elsewhere [What? Like the garden? -Ed]

118412598_desk(1).thumb.jpg.ea8426f3730b46d425fe7c4a90dafb72.jpg

Clowns, Drug Lords and Funny Men

Daniel
It took hours to clean up for a picture. [This is literally all Daniel supplied as text for this month's blog. For example, he could have pointed out the little keypad thing shown under the right hand monitor which acts like an app launcher, but didn't. So thought I would -Ed]

daniel.thumb.jpg.6ea3e99a074b4cb519c9298540835ae1.jpg

Precise angles and a lot of work to clean up

Ryan
My office is actually going through a slow renovation process so that it can double as an office as well as a studio, so this will all likely change in a few months (you can see color swatches for paint options on the left) [We can't see anything. You have an expensive Philips Hue set up but clearly never switch it on -Ed]. I'm currently working through a Late 2014 iMac Retina 5k, and apparently I'm one of the few that doesn't have any external monitors (I used to, but I find them cumbersome most of the time, so I took them down [Were you holding them up yourself? -Ed]). When working remotely, I use a 2011 13" MacBook Pro.

My favorite thing, though, is the "poster" I have on the right - my father gave it to me for my thirtieth birthday this year, and it's actually a sheet of uncut one dollar bills (funnily enough, though, there are actually 32 rather than 30).

ryan.thumb.jpg.5c32da2a6133f624f4d546f5803aee1c.jpg

Coke and Coffee

Mark W
I'm currently in the process of moving from the UK to Australia so I don't really have an office right now, but this is what my office back home looks like [it's always this tidy. He is obsessive -Ed]:

markw.thumb.jpg.d432813caa02735580c7574199092979.jpg

Captain Raymond Holt

Jennifer
2 x 32" inch curved Samsung Monitors a 4K Samsung Smart TV. Razer Chroma Keyboard, Razer Chroma Death Adder, Corsair Yellow Jacket Headphones and a really awesome PC.
I am basically surrounded by screens [FYI, keep an eye on J.A.R.V.I.S, he has a Vision -Ed].

jen.thumb.jpg.659f5854a1a158ab87eb7a8931fd440a.jpg

Tony Stark's first set up

Stuart
Up until this month my wife has been studying in Cardiff, so half of my time has been spent working on a dining table in our apartment [Can't wait to see how the table turned out, if you've spent a month on it -Ed].

Now, back home I have my desk set up with the worlds largest laptop [Dear reader, you have no idea -Ed](i7-4720HQ, GTX960M, 16GB Ram, 17.1" 1080p)  connected to an external 22" 1080p monitor. We're still in the middle of restoration so my office is really the lowest priority buy my long term plans include a standing desk, Surface Book 2 (or similar) with twin external 4k displays. Those two PC towers aren't really used anymore (one is Windows Server 2008 which used to be used as a local file server, the other is my old gaming PC)

stu.thumb.jpg.603e1047ba2228608835652c8d1b9c72.jpg

We're huge fans of LEGO®

Andy
Like Mark I’m constantly on the move so my working environment tends to be wherever I can find that’s quiet with a good Internet connexion. When I’m “home” though my office looks like this: [Seriously, switch on a light -Ed]

andy.thumb.jpg.880eda1765da5eaa5aaa1312cc534dd1.jpg

Dark and moody, just like his coffee

So there we go. We've exposed our team's set ups, expressed our concern about a lack of lighting in many offices and found out who had to tidy up their desk before taking a photo.

We'd love to see your workstations too, post them below!

Lire l’article complet